Around the World
We also support several offering and organizations that serve God's people around the world.
- Peacemaking Offering (collected on the first Sunday in October) supports peacemaking activities nationally and worldwide. Twenty-five percent is retained by Valley to support peacemaking efforts locally.
- Christmas Joy Offering (collected on Christmas Eve) supports Assistance Programs of the Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and Presbyterian Racial Ethnic Schools and Colleges.
- One Great Hour of Sharing Offering (collected on Palm Sunday) supports the Presbyterian Hunger Program, Self-Development of People, and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
- Heifer International seeks to work with communities to end hunger and poverty and to care for the Earth. Valley members, friends, youth, and children make donations to Heifer to help purchase animals for communities around the world. Heifer is represented at our annual Mission Market each November.
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance enables congregations and mission partners of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A) to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crisis and catastrophic events.
- Joining Hands Bolivia is a mission of the Presbytery of the Cascades and organized under the Presbyterian Hunger Program.
- Church World Service Kits are small packages of supplies assembled by volunteers and shipped to people in need around the world. The Valley Youth make Hygiene Kits and School Kits each year.
Are you looking for a way to participate in the mission and outreach ministries at Valley? The Mission Committee provides information about and opportunities to participate in mission projects in the community, across the nation, and around the world. Central to our awareness of the need for mission work are Jesus' instructions to his disciples, "Feed my sheep" and "as you did it to one of the least of these, my brethren, you did it to me."
Elder Jan Falconer, Mission Committee